Thoughts about D&D from Across the Web
On February 1, we’ll launch a month-long contest on Goodreads. We’re giving away 10 pre-release copies of our book, Dungeons & Dreamers: A story of how computer games created a global community.
One of the narrative threads in the book is how the game Dungeons & Dragons influenced game developers for twenty years, and how the elements of community and storytelling from D&D have permeated virtual worlds.
In fact, it’s hard to understate how important the game has been beyond the world of computer games. In celebration of D&D’s birthday and its importance in understanding virtual culture, here’s an ever-growing list of people writing about their experiences with the game. (You can read the first part of the list here.)
- Dungeons & Dragon’s war stories
- Happy ((Belated)) Birthday Dungeons & Dragons!
- Dungeons & Dragons Turns 40 – how did it impact you?
- Dungeons & Dragons at 40: A history
- Happy 40th Birthday, Dungeons and Dragons
- Happy 40th Dungeons & Dragons!
- A LOVE LETTER TO DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
- Happy 40th Birthday, Dungeons & Dragons
- An Epic Journey Through Time: Dungeons & Dragons Turns 40
- Granddad of role-playing games, Dungeons & Dragons celebrates a birthday
- Everything I need to know about management I learned from playing Dungeons and Dragons
- Happy 40th Anniversary, Dungeons & Dragons!
- AICN Tabletop! 40th Anniversary Of DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS! Earthdawn! Tabletop Day! GURPS! And More!
- Happy Birthday, Dungeons & Dragons
- 40 Years of Dungeons & Dragons
- Dungeons & Dragons, a.k.a., “storytelling together”
- This documentary explores four decades of Dungeons & Dragons
- At 40 Years Old, Dungeons & Dragons Still Matters
- Dungeons & Dragons week – Part the fourth
- At 40, What Dungeons & Dragons Has Really Created